Friday, November 20, 2009

People And Identity


There are many ways in which people identify themselves. One way in which people do this that I find interesting is through tattooing.

Somethings I wonder if people really think about the way tribes use tattooing to show what tribe they are in and their rank etc. When I see someone say from this culture with a tribal tattoo I often wonder if they really, understand what their tattoo means and what do people in tribes think of this 'trend' as such, because in a way these people are kinda stealing the tribes identity. Often people in tribes get tattoos after something they've done and I wonder if they knew people were just walking around with similar tattoos after not having done anything, would they be offended in some way and feel like it took away from the tattoos meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment